Simple

Simple

Out of Focus


Carolyne Roehm
I have been behind in my posting and ever since the beginning of the week, I--and nearly everyone else in the city---have found it difficult to focus on much of anything.  I usually don't do posts about the tragic events that go on in our world. My blog is about light-hearted pleasures--decorating, design, beauty so it's best to keep ugliness at bay.  The Internet, "social media", and live television present plenty of opportunities for people to find the information they need.  I usually don't feel the need to add my voice to the noise.   

But it's been a terrible week here and I count my blessings that my family, friends, and colleagues are all safe.  So while it's been a scary and unprecedented time--we're currently in "lock down" and not leaving the house--I understand that there are others who are going through unimaginable suffering from this event.

Hopefully peace and some kind of normalcy, whatever that may look like in this new world, will return to Boston soon. My thoughts are with all of those directly impacted by this week's tragic events.


6 comments:

  1. Everyone's heart hurts for Boston. It is unimaginable.

    My 10-year old grandson was on his way with his fifth grade class to Boston for a week class trip! He was so excited! Needless to say; it is cancelled.

    My prayers and many others are with you all in your city.

    Yours is a wonderful city. It is just unthinkable.

    I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hard to imagine anything like this ever happening in Boston. I don’t think I’ll ever understand why someone would do this where people have come together to celebrate others achievements. Glad you’re ok Deborah and celebrate they caught the second guy!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra - We all breathed a sigh of relief last night. At least the suspect is off the streets, which is something to be grateful for.

      D.

      Delete
  3. Another unimaginable tragedy has happened. Our hearts and sympathy are with all of you in Boston.
    I'm so glad that they figured out who was behind it and caught up with them.
    Good to know you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your thoughts can be serene again soon. Thinking of all of you in the Boston area.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah,
    It has been such a stressful, sad, and tragic week. I also made a decision when I started blogging not to post about all the terrible events / tragedies in the world. Not because I am heartless or do not care. I want my readers to find inspiration, beauty, and happiness when they visit my site--a little diversion. You summed it perfectly and so eloquently. Nevertheless, I am relieved this nightmare is (somewhat) over. Take care, my friend ~
    Loi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments are part of what makes blogging worthwhile! In an effort to control spam, comments are moderated and word verification has been enabled. Apologies for any inconvenience.